Sunday, September 13, 2009

Thirteen Months & 500 Steps

Last Tuesday my scans at Mayo Clinic still could detect no cancer in my body. That's called "complete remission" for a year and a month. Praise God! They told me that I am one of the longest surviving patients in this Revlimid clinical trial. One other man is two years out.

While there I climbed the stairs from the first to the tenth floor - twice! Total number about 500 steps. I do this most days at home, to build leg strength. One of the side effects of my medication is loss of muscle strength. So, I climb and I walk, and love it especially in this unusually cool, green summer of 2009 we've had.

I am on Facebook and Twitter, at https://twitter.com/TheDrGibson. My idea there is to offer a word of wisdom for the day, rather than just a report on where I am. However, where I plan to be with 100 other guests from early Sunday 9/13 through late Friday 9/18 is at Honey Rock Camp in Three Lakes, WI. For me this represents a return to the place where I was born spiritually as a camper 13 years old. May God refresh me and accept my thanks for His gift of life now and forever.

Dennis L. Gibson, Ph.D.

1 Comments:

Blogger daydreamer said...

Just found your acancercoach.com website today through a google search for fifthseasonfinancial. Linked to your blog from there. What a wealth of information. Thank you. Wanted to give you a heads up that the URL on this site is incorrect for The Sandwich Years. Give it a click and you'll see what I mean. Went back to coach site to get the correct URL. Numerous cancers in my family, but we are still living, still growing, and still grateful for all that God is doing in our lives. May God use it all to lift up Christ and bring Him glory!

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home