Friday, July 10, 2009

Good Surgery Report

I ran outside today, without any pain, for the first time since my abdominal surgery two weeks ago today. The surgery was simple, and I recovered quickly. I left Central DuPage Hospital in just four days, instead of the 5 to 7 predicted.

While in the hospital, the best handle I had on how to be a man of God was to show cheer and gratitude to everyone who served me. The result was that I earned the name "The Happy Man."

I am grateful to God, to Dr. David Klem and to the good hospital staff. Dr. Klem explained to me after the surgery that the size of the passage from my small intestine to the large, before he started the surgery, would permit an object the size of a green pea to pass through it. When he finished enlarging it sideways into an expanded oval, he said you could slide a MacDonald's hamburger through it.

Dennis L. Gibson, Ph.D.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cameron VSJ said...

Hi,

I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

Thanks,

Cameron

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home