Thursday, May 29, 2008

Two More Good Months

My PET/CT scans at Mayo Clinic on 5-29-08 continue to look as good as they did on 4-10-08. That means a barely detectable smudge where there used to be a large, bright spot on the image. Conclusion: small volume, low activity, possibly even dead lymphoma after four months on the experimental drug, Revlimid.

I have been fortunate to have this drug work more effectively against the cancer in my body than it does in most other patients'. This makes me ponder the usual question: Why did God choose to send unusual favor my way? Or was this merely a biochemical coincidence that He allowed and that I happen to like? No matter. The issue for me is how best to be ardent with the delicious vitality entrusted to me.

Dennis L. Gibson, Ph.D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home