Friday, February 27, 2009

Successful Surgery & Three Goodnesses

Last week I returned from successful surgery at Mayo Clinic to newly connect my small and large intestines. In addition I saw "the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." - Ps. 27:13.
  1. My generous brother, Howard, drove from Kansas City, to pick me up in Rochester, MN. From there we drove to my home, enjoying one of the easiest, flowing conversations I have ever had with any human being. Next morning he drove from Chicago back to Kansas City.
  2. We pulled up to my front door in Glen Ellyn, IL on the dot of 10 pm Wed 2/18/09, to be greeted by an explosion of sunshine that was the stellar personality of my wife, Ruth.
  3. The counseling sessions I have conducted since then have been marked by unusual mental clarity, not at all blunted by residual hospital medications or pain.
So, the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. I didn't have to die and go to heaven to see it!

Dennis L. Gibson, Ph.D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home