Saturday, April 28, 2007

This Thursday's Treatment Went Well

My platelets were up to 61,000, so I qualified for my 10 mg dose of CCI-779. This puts me 1/3 of the way through my full treatment in this clinical trial, having ended Cycle 4 of 12 -- each cycle taking one month of once per week treatments. The effects are finally catching up with me. Until now I have not been able to tell that I am receiving any cancer treatment at all. But now I am drowsy and fatigued much of the time, and sleeping 2-3 hours twice during daylight hours.I consider this a small price to pay for what I think is turning out to be a highly effective treatment.

We had three families come and look at our house as potential buyers. All three loved it for different reasons. One was a substance abuse counselor who would like to use our place as a home and office, like we have done. The second was a three-generation family in which the grandma loved the office portion as an in-law apartment for her. The third family was one with six kids, the older two loving the office as two bedrooms, with bathroom, and a TV room. The younger kids liked the crawl space under the office as a fort hide-away.

Then Thursday we had an open house for realtors, of which seventeen came through and liked it. The condo unit we want to move into is empty now and ready for us to start decorating as soon as we close on our house. The sooner the better for saving money.

Dennis L. Gibson, Ph.D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home